Thursday, October 13, 2011

25 Things to Know about Me

1. I am a writer. Well, I imagine myself to be one. Nothing is more inspiring (or scary, really) than a blank word document and an idea niggling to get out of my brain.

2. I love the Twilight series. And I am 33 years old. They say admitting it is start to recovery... Oh--Team Edward all the way....

3. I like to sing. I am not so good at it, but I like to do it.

4. I no longer kick walls when I am mad. I gave that up in high school when I put my foot through some sheet rock... not realizing what sheet rock was and that it was not as durable as the cement walls I was used to. Imagine the broken toes I could have avoided?

5. I have a Starbucks addiction that I am currently seeking a patch for.

6. I love grilled chicken quesadillas--with the veggies. They rock.

7. I have lived overseas more of my life than I have lived here in the US. But I feel more comfortable here than there.

8. I secretly want to marry an English man. I am not sure if it is the lure of England (one of my favorite places!), the accent or the fact that there are none around here. You pick.

9. I hate camping. Every snake in the great outdoors is just plotting to get near me and attack. They have been told since hatching by their mother's that their life's goal is to find me. (And I bet you think I am kidding about this one, aren't you?)

10. I use commas too much in my writing. Just ask Dad. Actually, I am not good with punctuation in general, so....

11. I sometimes forget to feed Wally. :(

12. I love to travel--I thought I had gotten it all out of my system when I lived in Korea, but I guess not since I am already trying to figure out a way to go somewhere way cool. I miss the days of deciding a week out of a holiday that I wanted to go to New Zealand or Thailand. (Thanks for the memories, Benita!!!!)

13. I am not good at doing nothing.

14. I learned Portuguese in college so I could take a night class rather than have to take a language during the day and do the language lab. Do I remember any of it?! Not so much...

15. My college roommate was named Jennifer, too. We both went by Jenny. (Me with a "y" and her with an "i." Talk about fun confusion when the phone rang--"Can I speak to Jenny/Jenni?" It's not like I could say "with an "i" or a "y"?")

16. I love to go to Starbucks with my sisters (Lee and Michele) to feed my coffee addiction. We have the best time--sisters=friends.

17. I love elephants. I am not sure where this adoration for the pachyderm came from--maybe it was listening to The Baby Elephant March on the 8-track player in our car growing up... Too bad my yard is barely big enough for Wally.

18. I like classical music. It is relaxing.

19. I prefer my hair straight, but it takes too much work. I would much prefer to have the extra 40 minutes of sleep in the mornings....

20. I am finding this task harder than it looks! I wonder if it is cheating to use that as one my unique things? I am going to vote no.

21. I love shoes! I have a bunch of cool ones (from the retail therapy I try to avoid) but usually end up wearing the same 5 pairs all the time.

22. My most memorable vacation was to Italy--despite the stolen purse and passport. On the upside--the stolen postcards were mailed for me! :) I spent the first few days thinking, "Am I really here?" Good times, Sara and Benita!

23. I can't eat seafood. I have been known to try it on occasion, but....

24. I love my job.

25. I am petrified of the dentist. My goal for 2009 is to go to the dentist with out crying. Seriously. Thanks to the modern marvel that is Korean dentistry, I face my fear every cleaning.

No comments: