Sunday, April 29, 2007

Numbers


Numbers
I am NOT a mathematical person, but as I sat here today reading a friend's emails, some numbers came into my mind...
10--the number of months since I stepped out on faith--leaving the security of my job behind and moving back to the States
5,000+--the number of times I have questioned that decision
0--the number of times I have regretted that decision
2--the number of birth sisters I have
1--the only birth brother I have
2--the number of sisters of my choice
1--the number of brothers of my choice
6--the number of people who call me Aunt
5--the number of pages I am short on my final 5 page paper for one of my graduate classes. Er?
+1--the number of regrets I feel (1 more than I should!)
2--the number of broken hearts I have nursed back to health
2--the number of times I feared my heart wouldn't recover
1--the number of pets I have had on my own
6.5--the number of years I have been in school to become what I have always wanted to be.
3--the number of majors I had in college before deciding what I wanted to do with the rest of my life
0--the number of job prospects I have right now
5--the number of boyfriends I have seriously had
0--the number of boyfriends I have had this year
3--the number of children I want to have one day
0--the amount of independence I am willing to give up right now
??--the number of people who will read this blog!!!

1 comment:

Danifesto said...

priceless-the value of conversations I've had with you!